Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Can't Hold Me Down

Okay so there is a theory. About Lobsters. Maybe you've heard, but if you haven't it basically goes like this:
You don't have to put a lid on a bucket of lobsters to keep them from crawling out because the other lobsters will pull them back down when they start to crawl out.
I really don't know if that is true or not. However, in the last few days I am seeing that people really do like to hold you back with their words.

I have been going to Jazzercise for 12 days now. I have been sticking with it, going everyday (except for 4th of July because I over slept), feeling awesome, dropped a pant size, and got below my 170 plateau and I'm actually down to 163.5. Excited! The thing that I am most excited about is that I finally let go of this idea that I had to force myself into going to the gym everyday and being there FOREVER and not see results. I know that I obviously was doing something wrong, but I would get discouraged and stop going all together. I finally allowed myself to realize who I am. What I like to do and went with that instead. I love to have fun. I love to socialize. I love music. When you add all of that together you get jazzercise. It's true! And I sweat.....a lot. I also did a diet change and decided to do a juice reboot. Like in the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I plan to do that for 60 days. Its easy. No meal planning. No slaving in the kitchen. No yucky food I have to force myself to eat.

So here I am, making progress feeling good sticking to it and people see my green juice for example and say ridiculous things like
"Your not really going to drink that, are you?"
"It looks like seawater."
 
Why not say something like
"Oh that's like the juice cleanse stuff. I heard that was supposed to make you feel really great."
 
Or how about you don't say anything at all. Then again, like my pastor says,
If unhealthy people are making fun or your diet and exercise plan. You are probably on the right track.
hahaha! I had someone when I told them that I got to buy a size smaller jeans they said back in a very incredulous tone, "Already?" I wanted to say back "Yeah! You want to me to show you?!?" Why are people so verbally abusive. Even in a very small amount. It isn't edifying. I would just encourage others to speak LIFE in to people's successes. Rejoice with them! Cheer them on! Hold them accountable. I spoke to a friend about this because I trying to understand "naysayers" and I love the way she put it:
"They're usually people that have problems in their own lives but either refuse to address those problems this allowing their subconscious to knock down others that are doing what they think they can't do."
I really hope that we can start cheering other people on and not feel like everyone else's victories are attempts to make you feel bad about yourself because they are not. I know for me that this motivation and this kind of results are not typical for me. I decided to include God this time around that if He would help me and give me strength and keep me motivated, then I would know that this is exactly what he wants me to be doing. He is answering that prayer and I am seeing awesome results. I have been able to do with Him in 12 days what I could not do in 5 years! :) I am grateful to God for being loving and answering prayers such as this. I want to prepare my body for a healthy pregnancy and taking off access weight is a great place to start. 150 is my goal. It's getting closer! If anyone is discouraging you. Especially if it's yourself discouraging you. Give me a call/send me an email. I would love to remind you of what God wants to do in YOUR life.

Listen here, lobsters! Let me go! I'm climbing out!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment